A Healthier Approach to Dental Implants
Ceramic Implants offer a more natural, metal-free tooth replacement option. Scroll down to learn more.Schedule your appointment Talk to a treatment coordinator
Z-Systems Ceramic Implants
Exclusively in San Antonio from Dr. Paul Wilke
The Only FDA Approved 100 % Metal Free Implants, Superior to Titanium Implants in Many Areas:
Bones and gums integrate better with zirconium oxide ceramics.
Z-SYSTEMS implants are metal-free, biocompatible, conduct neither heat nor electrical energy, and cause no irritation to the immune system.
Less plaque accretion than on titanium. This reduces the risk of perimplantitis as well as cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
Ceramic is much stronger than titanium.
Thanks to the white material, no gray shadows are visible even with thin or receding gums.
Ceramic implants are opaque to X-rays, and easier to recognize in critical situations.
What Is A Dental Implant?
The implant body or post is the portion of the implant that is inserted into the jawbone. The implant body integrates with the jawbone and becomes the anchor for the new tooth.
The implant abutment is the portion of the dental implant inside the crown. Sometimes the abutment is created with the implant body as one piece. Other times, it is separate and attached to the implant with a screw. The abutment shapes the gum tissue and supports the crown.
The dental implant crown is the portion of the dental implant you see, but if done correctly, no one can tell it is not a natural tooth. The crown is bonded or cemented to the implant abutment and is commonly made of a ceramic or zirconia material because of its naturally white color and strength.
Meet your exclusive San Antonio-based
ceramic implant expert
Dr. Paul Wilke
Dr. Paul Wilke has been in practice at Total Mouth Fitness in San Antonio since 1999. Prior to July 1999, he was in practice at Blanco North Dental for 12 years but began his career in 1980. While Dr. Wilke has focused primarily on general dentistry in the past, he has continually updated his skills and knowledge, thereby broadening his client base through orthodontics and performing toxic-free dentistry. He has been happily married since 1978, is the father of four children and a member of Christian Family Church International of San Antonio.
- Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude, Majoring in Zoology, Texas A&M, 1976.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, (D.D.S.), Graduated in the Top 5%, Baylor College of Dentistry, 1980.
- Comprehensive Orthodontic Education Series Certified by the American Orthodontic Society Dr. Robert Gerety, Instructor AOS.
- Mini Residency in Orthodontics, IAO International Association for Orthodontics, 2001-2002 San Antonio.
- Trained with Wesley E. Shankland II, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D. Osteocavitation Lesions, Columbus, Ohio July 2002.
- Extensive Training in Nutrition, completing over 100 hours of Continuing Education, and has attained proficiency as an Applied Clinical Nutritionist.
- Cerec Certified – Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic
- Periolase Certified – By the Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry, November 2003
- Implant Training – Phantom Masters Course for Implant Surgery Training–Dr. Manfred Lang, Nurnberg, Germany 2008 Z-systems Zirconia Implant Course, Houston Texas 2009; San Antonio, 2010, Miami December 2012 Into Thin Air Sinus Grafting-Dr. Thomas McGarry DDS, Oklahoma City, Ok 2009
- A.C.N. – Applied Clinical Nutritionist
- Accredited Member I.A.O.M.T. – International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology
- I.A.B.D.M. – International Academy of Biologic Dentistry & Medicine
- H.D.A. – Holistic Dental Association
- DAMS – Dental Amalgam Mercury Syndrome
- P.P.N.F. – Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation
Schedule Your Appointment?CALL: 210-495-5588
14310 Northbrook Dr
San Antonio, TX 78232
Please call us directly so we can answer any of your insurance questions. Unfortunately, we do not participate in Medicare or Medicaid programs.
Directions to our office
TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please use the form to tell us more about your dental and implant needs, and a treatment coordinator will follow up with you shortly. Or if you prefer, give us a call at 210-495-5588 and one of our coordinators will be happy to talk with you.